Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Data Scientist Intern
On this role you will be assigned to one or several real projects, working in a dynamic environment to deliver high-quality results against aggressive schedules. You will also have the opportunity to gain skills and hands-on knowledge about the earth observation, data science, and artificial intelligence industries.
In this role, you will:
- Tackle images from a broad range of sources to solve with us real Big Data problems.
- Gather and set up the required resources such as data, ground truth, etc.
- Discover and build new data sets to design and implement computer vision, machine learning and data science algorithms in Python.
What we value
- BS/MSc in Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science or other quantitative field (you can be in the last year).
- Must have finished your studies within the last 18 months.
- Must have familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms.
- Must have programming experience in Python. Alternatively, Matlab or R, and willing to learn Python.
- Enjoy working as a team.
- Creative problem-solving. Inquisitive mindset.
- Experience developing machine learning software.
- Familiarity with sklearn, keras and/or pytorch.
- Experience working with image processing/computer vision with opencv and numpy libraries in Python.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
To apply you must send a CV and a cover letter explaining your experience/motivation for Machine Learning and Computer Vision.