eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are looking for a passionate, highly analytical Data Scientist to join our talented team in sunny and vibrant Barcelona. In this role you will have the opportunity to crunch massive datasets using the latest Big Data technologies. You will be a key player in the organization by designing and implementing advanced analytics and using machine learning to build predictive models for different projects like online fraud detection, recommendation engines, user experience personalization, etc. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
- Conduct predictive analytics to better understand how our customers interact with our products and help us anticipate their needs;
- Collaborate with Product and Business teams in order to create predictive models and generate insights from our data;
- Coordinate, challenge and share the best analytical practices and methods within the organization;
- Stay up to date with latest developments in Machine Learning technologies and Data Science trends;
- Effectively communicate results and insights with other stakeholders throughout the organization.
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields).
- 2+ years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar.
- Previous experience in problem solving, strong analytical and technical skills.
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations.
- Experience using programming languages like R, Python, Scala, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with large relational databases.
- Experience in Big Data technologies; such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing would be a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).