eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular and charter flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 17 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join our global Revenue department based in Barcelona, Spain.
As part of the Revenue team you will help grow the business and be a valued member of the team. At eDreams ODIGEO, you will be part of a friendly and highly experienced team where you will immediately make meaningful contributions.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Utilize/develop tools to analyze, query and manipulate data;
- Centralize, coordinate, challenge, make scalable and share the best analytical practices and methods within the revenue team;
- Develop strategic analysis to help support revenue optimization;
- Data crunch and deliver deep analysis based on significant amount of data to predict customer behavior, deliver deep adhoc analysis answering specific business questions and actions plan;
- Tools development and management;
- Engage in business initiatives to ensure the impact of changes will be measurable.
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc.).
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist/Analyst.
- Experience with complex analysis and modeling to identify patterns.
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining, machine learning for various analysis situations.
- Strong knowledge of SQL to write complex queries and familiarity working with large relational databases.
- Knowledge or experience in programming languages such as VBA, Python and Google Analytics API is not mandatory but would be a plus.
- Past experience with Microstrategy or Tableau is a plus.
- Experience in Big Data and NoSQL is not required but would be a plus.
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and analytics/technical part.
- Rigorous and methodical.Independent problem solving skills, strong customer focus.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Team player, proactive and curious.
- High levels of accountability and ownership.
- “Can do attitude”, smart, hard-working, organized, and motivated.
- Capacity to think in new lines: curious and constantly looking for ways to improve his/ her skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!