Jobandtalent is an on-demand staffing marketplace that aims to make the labor market much more liquid and transparent, helping companies to hire in a more flexible way and with the mission of being part of the reduction of the unemployment in the world.
The labor market has evolved from a rigid state into an extremely flexible one. Companies are demanding flexibility which has resulted in the growth of liquidity in the market. However, the flexible state of the labor market is also leaving the workers in a vulnerable and unprotected employment situation.
We at Jobandtalent have created a Workforce as a Service (WaaS) platform in order to make the labor market flexibilization beneficial for both companies and workers. As a result of Jobandtalent WaaS:
don’t need to hire workers in their books anymore, as they can have
workers on demand, saving huge unnecessary labor costs, and having much
more capability to attend high demand peaks.
- Jobandtalent workers are given performance incentives to build a trajectory with it; this result in decrease of idle periods and therefore a more secure employment stability for them.
We currently have offices located in the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and Colombia, with plans of further expansion to France and Italy by the end of the year - being present in a combined market of more than USD $100 billion inside a global market of USD $450billion.
In 2016, we decided on a strategic turn, transforming from a sales ads platform to a fast recruitment company leveraged by a strong digital platform. Within the past three years, following a strong restructuring, Jobandtalent has operated with a new business model which has been proven to be very successful.
Today, the company competes with the largest interim recruitment services companies in the world, such as Adecco and Randstad, having the huge competitive advantage that is our technology. We have raised more than €100 million backed up by amazing VCs such as Atomico, DN Capital, FJ Labs, Quadrille, USM, Kibo Ventures, and GP Bullhound; and the company is presenting a 500% YoY growth.
- 10x revenues growth in 2017.
of our most relevant clients: Telefonica, Orange, Vodafone, Huawei,
Just Eat, Sanitas, Starlite, Stubhub, H&M, El Corte Inglés, Uber,
Cabify, Flex, OTL, Postnord, Banco Santander. - Our core industries:
Hospitality, Logistics, Call Center, Events, Construction, Retail.
- Our main competitors: Coople, Silt Catapult, Siftgig, Wonolo (USA), Cornerjob, Jobtoday, Adecco, Randstad, Manpower.
The culture in Jobandtalent is defined by 4 pillars: Ownership, Agility, adaptability and Data driven. We define our employees as “Visionary Executors”; dynamic and motivated people that work towards the company’s mission by heavily executing, with creativity and autonomy, an extremely aggressive business plan that will change the way the labor market works. Jobandtalent relies on a rock-solid triple-A core team with professionals coming from Uber, Rocket Internet, Yahoo, EA, Betfair, and McKinsey, among others.
Data Scientist / Analyst
We are seeking a Data Scientist / Analyst for the Data Science team (see JE Blog Post). The perfect candidate should have a deep interest in digging, understanding and processing data, as well as design, experiment and build models able to infer and automatize decisions.
You will be the person in charge of answering difficult questions hidden in the data, implementing in-deep analysis, creating and updating reports that highlight the data insights. You will be also able to make hypothesis, experiments possible solutions, build, train and maintain Machine Learning models for classification and regression tasks.
Data Science Team
You will be part of the Data Science team, the Research & Development team of Jobandtalent. This team takes care of different areas inside the company as well as novel and exploratory problems. The team is very independent, able to tackle problems from scratch doing advance research till a solid deploying in a production environment.
We exploit our knowledge to build the optimal solution to a given problem without sacrifice the quality of the code. For these reasons, the members of the team need to cover a very broad skill set and be very open to this dynamic environment. You will work with other scientists as well as engineers and analysts.
- Working on data analysis, retrieving data from different sources, performing some data investigations, getting insights, making some hypothesis, proving them, etc.
- Working on data visualization, understanding in detail the business, preparing the reports and visualizations that better help answering the questions. Trying to be always one step ahead.
- Working with Machine Learning models mainly for supervised learning tasks (regression/classification).
- Working with NLP models for text processing and/or with mathematical models to perform optimizations.
- Having the capacity of understanding different businesses models and concepts, in order to improve them with the help of the data.
- Make decisions and implement solutions based on your analysis. Do daily follow-ups and help your project become a success.
The candidate should be based in Barcelona performing sporadic trips to Madrid (headquarter).
Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Math, Engineering, Stats or Quantitative field – Ph.D. is a big plus.
- Excellent in retrieving data with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent with analysis frameworks such as Python or R.
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning models, procedure and algorithms.
- Information Retrieval experience is a plus.
- Recommender Systems experience is a plus.
- Natural Language processing experience is a plus.
- Mathematical Modeling (e.g., Linear and Constraint Programming) is a plus.
- Java and/or Scala knowledge is a plus.
- Interest in understanding the Business logic and identify data insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English is a must, fluent in Spanish is a strong plus.
What we offer
- Working in the wonderful city of Barcelona
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Equity package
- Yearly conferences budget
- Discount on Health insurance
- A shiny MacBookPro / Linux machine
- Free lunch on Fridays! (and of course free coffee 24/7)
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
Join us in one of the hottest startups of Spain, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!