We are a fast-growing themed travel marketplace based in the heart of Amsterdam. We enable our customers to live unforgettable travel experiences via our 11 category sites from yoga retreats to safaris. Come join our ambitious and entrepreneurial international team!
As a Data Scientist at Tripaneer, you love using data to find areas of improvement which enable the business to grow. At Tripaneer, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting the team with data, reports and models, specifically our Marketing department. As we have a strong focus on growth, your analysis and models will need to be pragmatic and geared to the current focus of the company. You will work on generating new datasets and perform analysis from operational to managerial level. Additionally, you work on pragmatic algorithmic solutions to support the Marketing department in meeting their growth objectives.
The analysis you perform can range from very high-level (e.g. How do we define customer attrition and what are the factors that lead to better retention?) to mid-level (e.g. What are the most profitable customer groups and how can we cater our product better to them? Can we predict high intent customers depending on their behavior in order to tune our retargeting dynamically?) to detail-level (e.g. Are there significant behavioral differences in the customer journey for a particular experiment?).
You will work in close collaboration with stakeholders from various teams and levels throughout the organization.
- Build pragmatic models that can run in our high volume production environment to improve our products
- Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing, Supply, and Product Teams to understand business needs and proactively find the most relevant questions and areas for further research
- Help define KPI’s and metrics that are measurable and closest to overall business performance
- Gather and analyze data to validate or invalidate common assumptions about the business
- Build dashboards and reports around growth initiatives and business priorities
- Facilitate a data-driven culture (Eg: by presenting your analyses, finding areas for improvement in data and explaining those, empowering stakeholders to find and explore their own data, etc.)
Perks & Benefits:
- Young, enthusiastic, international working environment
- Tech-hub office located in the center of Amsterdam
- Opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing tech scaleup
- Subsidized catered lunch
- 25 days holiday
- Regular social activities and trips
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. All application documents shall be treated with the strictest confidence.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role (Data scientist, Data analyst)
- Experience in mapping of customer journey and attribution models is a plus
- Proficient in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Proficiency in both SQL and Python is a must
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and similar tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar quantitative field.
- Strong technical skills, statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), ability to convey complex analysis results clearly to all levels of stakeholders