Data Operations Associate | New Graduate
Global Operations in Amsterdam, NL
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
The Data Operations Associate role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Global Operations empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, and handles end-to-end global coordination of shipments to help us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for the quality of data from client and supplier through to Flexport’s Customs team;
- Support Operations Associates in moving international shipments from origin to destination;
- Refine and expand the processes to optimize our data onboarding and delivery;
- Ensure quality control on international shipment documents;
- Complete special projects to support the team with serving our clients and partners.
What you'll need:
- BSc/MSc Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience. Bonus points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime Law.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Excel experience is a plus.
Where you'll work:
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.