Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder, Kazoom Casino and Casino Secret, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About the Team
This Data Engineering Team Lead will report directly to the Director of Engineering and will lead a team of talented Data Engineers. The team is responsible for providing tooling and infrastructure to produce top-notch analytics to support business operations within the Casumo Group.
As the Data Engineering Team Lead You Will:
- Development process - You know how to establish enterprise-scale data integration procedures across the data development life cycle and ensure that teams adhere to these. You can manage your team skillset to ensure that data services work effectively at an enterprise level.
- Data integration design - You can establish standards and you keep abreast of best practices. You know how to keep those standards up to date and ensure adherence to them.
- Data modelling - You understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. Technical understanding - You can predict and advise on future technology changes that present opportunities for a product or programme.
- Testing - You can review requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results. You understand security, accessibility and version control.
- Strategy planning - You can work with other senior team members to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services.
- Team management: Build data engineering capability by providing technical leadership as well as effective people management and career development for the data engineers. Facilitate team ceremonies and participate in technical discussions. Track team performance, cadence delivery and health of team using specific KPIs and velocity/burndown charts. Work closely product owners, and stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class projects.
- Proven experience in data architecture and design across ETL, DWH and Analytics; Big Data, Hadoop, SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Demonstrated experience with modern big data processing and streaming tools (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra).
- Established experience in enterprise application integration including APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Micro Services, XML, XSD, JSON and other data payload formats.
- Experience in Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google) based architecture designs and implementations.
- Knowledgeable about the trends and best practices within the current data ecosystem.
- Experience leading small to medium sized data engineering teams consisting of; Big Data, Data Warehouse, BI & Backend Engineers
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces in <location>. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- A competitive base salary
- Continuous leadership development to set you up for success and growth within the role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms out there
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, motivated colleagues from more than 30 countries
- Private health insurance
- Wellness incentives, including gym passes
- Gourmet lunches and healthy snacks prepared by our in-house chefs
- Social events for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organisation
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers