Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Products & Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you. The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we've got a winning combination
As part of the User Modeling team, you will be responsible for building data pipelines that process billions of events and use machine learning techniques to predict demographic traits, audience segments, detect abnormal activity, and much more. The team consists of data scientists and data engineers that work closely together to deliver end-to-end prediction pipelines that feed products and services in the rest of the organisation. Schibsted’s wide portfolio of sites and services means that we have plenty of data sources and application areas to try out many different approaches in a creative, innovative and ambitious environment.
- Together with the data science teams and multiple stakeholders within the company, define and design data infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Develop and implement big data pipelines using the best development practices and tools.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, automation etc).Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the cloud, distributed systems, and data science fields.
- Work closely with other teams (product, UX, business) at Schibsted to drive product development.
- You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic), and interested in learning more.
- You have a deep understanding of systems design, distributed systems, algorithms, and data structures.
- You are interested in machine learning / data science and want to build infrastructure for applying predictive models.
- You have experience developing on Linux.
- The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds.
- Experience with some of the big data technologies like Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, large scale storage systems is a plus.
- You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!