Are you a software engineer looking to join a leading technology company to build products and features? Are you passionate about data and everything it powers? Are you ready to help people travel, go from anywhere to somewhere, by all means possible? If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) is seeking a Software Engineer for its Data Engineering team in London.
We're constantly looking for opportunities to improve the breadth and depth of the products we offer. From a strategic standpoint, our ambition is to unlock the power of Expedia for partners. Our mission is to fuel our partners’ growth through our unparalleled technology, travel supply and support services. We are about travel, but also about state-of-the-art technology, AI and ML. Data is our underlying foundation, and the only way to operate at our immense scale is to develop our own technologies and use cloud capabilities on positive and exciting test and learn environment.
As today, the streaming platform ingests more than 3.6b domain event messages per day, 11.5 TB, that we enrich and transform, making it available for all internal functions, people and services.
If you are someone with a growth mindset and love solving complex and challenging problems, come join us on this exciting journey.
Our Team Really Enjoy
- A friendly and collaborative team who are keen to share their knowledge and constantly learn new things
- A bias for action
- You will get the opportunity to work on a cloud based data lake backed by the full suite technologies and including Kafka, Spark, Scala, Airflow, Hive, Kinesis, EMR and Docker.
- Developing various facets of data capture, data processing, storage, distribution and visualisation
- Understanding and applying AWS standard methodologies and products (compute, storage, databases)
- Writing clean, maintainable and well-tested code
- Develop scalable and highly-performant distributed systems with everything this entails (availability, monitoring, resiliency)
- Communicating and documenting solutions and design decisions
- Proposing new ways of doing things and contribute to the system architecture
- Be part of an agile team that is continuously learning and improving.
Experience and Qualification
- Experience with at least one modern programming language (e.g. Scala, Python or Java etc)
- Experience delivering and supporting highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume
- Experience of using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- A passion for learning, especially in the areas of data, technology, service design patterns and system architecture
- Be self-motivated with drive and good organisational skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognise the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.