Cities are complex. That's why we are using the power of internet, mobile & data to help making cities smarter. We enable cities to introduce new mobility solutions in order to replace private cars.
How? We are building the most powerful *integrated mobility platform*. We’re reinventing public transport with the best On-Demand Ridepool Solution. Because we believe shared mobility will lead to smarter cities.
We're an impact-driven team, based in Berlin, with backgrounds in transport, startups, apps, design, investing and academia. We're motivated by solving hard fundamental everyday problems that improve the quality of people's lives. We like simplifying complexity, reinventing user experience, working with data, and making cities a place we love to live in. We're backed by top investors, won many awards, are a member of World Economic Forum and have been ranked as #8 Top Startup-Employer by LinkedIn.
Data is at the core of everything that we do.
The Data Team is responsible for making data available to our applications and services. We’re also responsible for building and maintaining the tools and systems that collect, store and analyze the data within the organization, and for providing data insights for other teams to use.
The work we do enables true data-driven features and services that are both reliable and scalable. You’ll contribute to, and define, how the data infrastructure is being built and operated.
As a Data Engineer at ally you will:
- Design efficient and robust ETL workflows & data pipelines
- Ensure data flows through the system, reaching the consumers that need it
- Develop, implement and maintain effective data collection and processing solutions that scale
- Work with other teams to ensure robust data collection
Key components of our data infrastructure include AWS Kinesis and AWS data pipelines as well as Apache Spark. Language of choice for data analysis is Python, but we don't shy away from Scala. You'll also be working with Docker and should be familiar with Git.
As a Data Engineer, you are:
- Fluent in Python (the usual suspects: pandas, NumPy, SciPy...)
- Able to SQL like no other
- Familiar with data streaming (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Experienced with Spark/Spark Streaming
Experience with additional languages such as Scala, R or Julia is very welcome! If you've worked with MLLib, even better. Previous experience with public transport or geographical data is another big plus!
Join a supportive team that pushes you to be your best, making a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. Driven by our values of Vision, Impact and Collaboration, our unique culture is something you cannot copy/paste!
Become part of our multinational team, join the ride and you will gain:
- Learning: Your growth matters! We support your development through our varied learning program offerings
- Flexibility & Support: We care about work-life balance with flexible hours, home office, parental support as well as support during life's ups and downs
- Work Environment: Multinational, open minded and welcoming atmosphere, plenty of healthy snacks, drinks and coffee to keep you fuelled throughout the day
- Location: Warm and unspoiled areas in an old factory building in the heart of Berlin. Our HQ’s roof terrace is the perfect place to end the week with a drink with Anastasia & Yone
- Health and Wellness: Stay fit with our Urban Sports Club Membership
- Challenge: Become part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!
Check out more of our Perks & Benefits here
For information about how we handle the personal data of job applicants, please click on the "door2door website" link below.