Do you enjoy complex optimization with real-world constraints? Are you interested in defining the future operating model for Amazon’s European operations?
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s customer experience and differentiation. Our ambition is to be the earth’s most customer-centric business and set the industry standard for customer innovation and experience. The EU Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Team is responsible for driving step-change improvements in the performance of Amazon’s European Operations. We work backwards from the customer and define new innovative solutions that raise the bar on customer experience and speed whilst constantly lower our cost of fulfillment and supporting our continued high growth.
This is a very exciting time to join the European Central Flow team given our fast growth and rapid change across the EU. The team works on the top strategic projects and opportunities across the European operations influencing business-critical decisions and taking the performance of the operations to the next level.
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business analysts and engineers to determine how best to design the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the data warehouse platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as service which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. You should have the ability to develop and tune SQL to provide optimized solutions to the business.
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 2+ years industry experience
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· Data Warehousing Experience with Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Query performance tuning skills
· Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
Experience with AWS
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, etc.
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.