Data Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
Our Tech Team hub is located in Málaga, Spain, and we are all fully remote workers! Our team members are based in more than ten countries.
- You have experience with complex data systems and migrations. Our core data solution technologies are BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Python, DBT and Airflow, but it is also ok if you are more comfortable with other languages, databases and streaming platforms including the data services of cloud providers such as Amazon (AWS) and Google (GCP).
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English both written and spoken.
- We look for data engineers that can model challenging business concepts and data flows.
- You will have experience in data interrogation and validation using tools and techniques.
- Quality is important to us, we expect our engineers to be familiar with the regulatory requirements on data systems and have worked in environments with mature data governance and life-cycle management.
- You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
- Our platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access our core functionality:
- A variety of in house and third party systems acting as data sources
- Help in defining, communicating and driving the data architecture within Ebury and its engineering teams.
- Implementation of solutions with an audit by design ethos to ensure Ebury’s regulatory obligations are fulfilled.
- Build and Run services in production. Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, ELK.. you and your team will be responsible for achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
- Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scaleAll of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
What We Offer
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification.
- You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.