You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world through our media and marketplace products. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Scientists and engineers in our team work to make 700 million of user behaviour events from all around the world understandable for analysts and business users in the company, daily. This large data set is also one of the most diverse data sets in the world and we work with the latest data technologies (Spark, AWS services, Kafka).
At the same time, we also believe that our scientists and engineers are at their best when they share ideas, problems, and solutions with each other. While we work in different application areas, we support one another and push each other to constantly learn and perfect our craft.
At the core of our future is the development of personalised experiences across our media, marketplaces and advertising platforms for all of our users. We are currently seeking highly motivated engineers who will be responsible for building out this core piece of technology from the ground up. This is an exciting, and rare opportunity to be part of the future direction of such a large corporation.Your responsibilities will involve design and development at large scale personalization platforms, together with data science, infrastructure and UX teams. Together with team members from our media, classifieds and advertising groups, define and design innovative, and engaging personalisation features.
- MSc. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering roles
- Experience in Scala, Java, C++, Python, Go, or any other object-oriented language
- Strong experience with data (Hands-on experience working 100GB+ datasets)
- Dataset experience in more than one of the following – clickstream, document, graph, log data, unstructured and semi-structured data
- Working knowledge in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, or natural language processing
- Experience in search and discovery services
- Experience with developing and designing consumer-facing product development and design
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Hadoop, or other MapReduce paradigms
- Knowledge of internals Lucene/SOLR/ElasticSearch or other information retrieval systems
- Beneficial but not required, experience building/in Micro Services, AWS, Monitoring.