Stuart is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that is transforming our daily lives. Our technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency. We create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
After rapidly scaling both our operations and our business metrics, the GeoPost group acquired Stuart. We are now entering a new era, looking to cement our position as the leading provider of express urban delivery in Europe. We now operate in France (Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier), UK (London, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield), Spain (Madrid, Barcelona), and many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2018.
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to play a critical role in the development of our core platform. Your mission will be to build the data architecture that will power our data-driven product as we deliver things. Based in either our office in sunny Barcelona or Paris, you will be joining a growing team of successful entrepreneurs and alumni from Uber, Google, Amazon, BCG, Bain & Co.
What will you do?
- Shape a solid data infrastructure that collects, stores, processes and streams massive amounts of data in a “Fast-Data” infrastructure
- Work with spatial information and build leverageable solutions that our Front-end team will use to create powerful visualizations of a city’s deliveries
- Dive deep into the core of real-time dispatch service and produce high-quality code that can help answer questions from business, operations and clients
- Be part of a team of talented engineers that makes Stuart the best delivery platform for businesses in a highly competitive market
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years experience working with Java, Scala or any other Object Oriented language
- Strong Object-Oriented experience, and a true passion for writing high-quality code
- Experience with quick prototyping and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with API-based architecture
- Experience with distributed framework for parallel processing such as Hadoop, Pig, Spark and Hive
- Experience with large scale data/ distributed systems
- Ability to work independently while being a strong part of the team
What is a plus?
- Strong experience with Java or Scala
- Experience with real-time applications
- Experience with geospatial data
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package including equity
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership, private health insurance
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday. If you feel like this role could be a good fit for you, we'd love to hear from you!
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.