Stuart is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that will transform our daily lives. Our technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-before-seen speed and efficiency. We create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
Led by Clément Benoit and Benjamin Chemla, the founders of two successful, international delivery businesses, and supported by 22M€ in funding led by Le Groupe La Poste, Stuart began operating in Paris mid-2015. Earlier this year we launched London and Barcelona, with many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2016.
We’re looking for a talented for a Data Engineer who will play a critical role in our expansion in Europe. Your mission will be to build the data architecture that will power our data-driven product as we deliver things. Based in our office in sunny Barcelona, you will be joining a growing team of successful entrepreneurs and alumni from Uber, Yahoo and BCG.
What will you do?
- Shape a solid data infrastructure that collects, stores, processes and serves massive amounts of information
- Work with spatial information and build leverageable solutions that our Data Viz team will use to create powerful visualizations of a city’s deliveries
- Dive deep into the core of large scale data processing systems and produce high-quality code that can help answer questions from the business, operations and clients side
- Be part of a team of talented engineers that makes Stuart the best delivery platform for businesses in a highly competitive market
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years experience working with Java, Scala or any other Object Oriented language
- Strong Object-Oriented experience, and a true passion for writing high-quality code
- Experience with quick prototyping and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with API-based architecture
- Experience with distributed framework for parallel processing such as Hadoop, Pig, Spark and Hive
- Strong experience with Java or Scala is a plus
- Experience with large scale data/distributed systems
- Ability to work independently while being a strong part of the team
- Experience with real-time applications is a plus
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package including equity
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Be right there from the start of a success story
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership,private health insurance…
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
If you feel like this role could be a good fit, hit the button and apply. We'd love to hear more about you.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.