We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Engineer to join the team in our Barcelona HQ.
Data is at the heart of Glovo, with offices in over 6 countries (and many time-zones!). As a Data Engineer, you will support the other teams such as Operations and Logistics (helping to assign orders to glovers, and glovers to working hours, in the optimal way), Customer Support (reducing fraud and improving efficiency) and Marketing (clustering users for retargeting and optimising budget spend).
- Maintain, expand and improve our ETL process (currently using Luigi, written in Python)
- Maintain and improve our Redshift Data Warehouse.
- Import and transform data from many third-party APIs, and export data for partners
- Assist in the integration with our dashboarding tool Looker
- Assist with ad-hoc queries in MySQL and Redshift and porting queries between these dialects.
- Schedule the ETL process and reporting (currently using Luigi, cron and Jenkins)
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Coding proficiency in Python / SQL, or in at least one modern programming language
- Experience with the use of bash and Linux
- Experience in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Data Warehousing Experience in Redshift or another distributed platform (e.g. Hadoop+Hive/Presto, BigQuery or Spark SQL)
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Knowledge of Mathematical Statistics
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistics is a plus
- Good English
- Free Glovo credits
- Phantom stock equity scheme
- Relocation support and Visa sponsorship as required
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture