We love music. It makes our lives a zillion time better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, nerdy and not very hipster (unfortunately).
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for
music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The
company started with an idea - to index all the music in the world -, a
mission - to better the music eco-system -, and a team of nerds eager
to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown
to a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São
Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and
Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3
billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
About your new role:
You would be in charge of:
- dealing with one of the biggest music databases in the world.
- independently find the optimal solutions to handle music metadata and retrieve the required views.
- leading a project aimed at the systematic and ordered classification of a customer’s database:
- analyzing the current organization of data;
- retrieving and defining patterns that can link together all related data and audio files;
- storing data in a proper database schema, that will let an efficient and straightforward access to all the data related to each entity of the database;
- having a direct communication with the customer, aimed at the retrieval of the requirements and the definition of the optimal solution.
We are looking for someone with:
- native Italian language
- bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecom Engineering, Audio Visual Engineering or similar
- previous experience in scripting and object-oriented programming (Shell, Python)
- previous experience in database operation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- basic knowledge of XML, XSD, MS Excel and Linux OS
- passion for music and technology
- indexing technologies (Lucene, ElasticSearch) would be a plus
- happy with flat-hierarchies
- entrepreneurial attitude
- good heart, talent, and passion are a must.
Previous knowledge of the music industry and multi-language fluency are desirable.
What we offer:
You would be hired full time. You could be based anywhere yet willing to travel once a month. You would decide your own working hours and holiday calendar in coordination with the rest of the team members. You would enjoy our social benefits. You would report to the Operation leader. And, we would celebrate we found you and welcome you to the team!