Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 450 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
Our Data Story
What you will do
Evolve our current infrastructure to a distributed system and help build scalable data pipelines using the Hadoop ecosystem. You will work in cooperation with our Software Engineers, Devops Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers to:
- Explore new ways of transforming and analyzing data and continuously expand and improve the performance of our data pipelines.
- Build prototypes, fast, and determine what their worth are in the business and within the infrastructure before iterating and improving them.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Product Managers to decide how best to structure and store data in order to make it easily accessible to business users.
- Evaluate and develop highly distributed Big Data solutions; You will advance our software architecture and tool set to meet growing business requirements regarding performance and data-quality.
Who you are
- A Data Engineer who likes to experiment with and explore new tools and technologies. You will be familiar with tools in the Hadoop ecosystem including Spark, Kafka, Hive or similar.
- You are a Software Engineer with experience in modern backend web technologies.
- You know how to design and build low-maintenance, high performing ETL processes and Data pipelines.
- You can communicate an idea clearly on various levels of abstraction, depending on the audience.
- Professional experience with relational databases: reading, writing and optimizing complex statements.
- We have a strong preference for someone experienced with Python rather than Java.
Here's what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.