One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role:
Different people employ different methods when it comes to making decisions. SWOTs, pros and cons, a coin flip, gut feeling...none of them beat the facts. At Typeform, the Data team is making sure it’s easy for data to become our #1 asset.
Typeform’s data needs are growing, and we need to find new technical solutions to respond to these needs—fast.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a passionate Data Engineer to design a big data infrastructure for our machine learning projects, a set of APIs to ingest/expose data, and a coordination framework for the whole thing. All this to drive Typeform to the gold-standard of data collection.
Here’s Albert Franzi, our Data Engineer Team Lead:
“In our team, the collaboration between data scientists, machine learning, and data engineers is key. The ability to challenge the current status quo to continuously improve day by day our Ingestion, processing and consumption of data enable us to grow using edge technology like running the latest Spark version on top of K8s.”
We're proud of what we've achieved over 2020, we run Airflow and Spark on K8s, we enabled our DS and ML teams to build their own DAGs with our DAG Factory tool, we started ingesting real-time data using Kafka and Spark Structured Streaming, we deployed Machine Learning models into production by using MLFlow, K8s, and ArgoCD, check more in our latest LinkedIn Post.
Do you love diving into data projects? Do you dream in numbers? Do you see problems as challenges? Then come be a part of something big.
What you'll do:
- Design and run our data cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
- Run and help to obtain the best performance from data APIs and services written in Python or Scala on an Orchestration platform using tools like Kubernetes, Terraform and Docker.
- Ensure the Data team services run over the well architected pillars.
- Ensure service availability, and proper observability using tools like Datadog.
- Design architectures that scale, and are able to process huge amounts of data.
- Keep our infrastructure clean, and as simple as possible maximising the maintainability.
Here's what we are after:
- Experience with Terraform, designing in-house modules and maintaining them.
- Experience with Kubernetes, specially with EKS clusters.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes Helm Charts and tools to deliver them.
- Experience in linux systems administration troubleshooting.
- Knowledge on basic protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and debugging traffic.
- Able to coordinate and help when needed with other DevOps departments.
- Love getting stuck into juicy problems. The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- Collaborative and eager to keep growing as a Data DevOps, ready for new challenges and new technologies.
- Proficient in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
- Comfortable with a continuous feedback culture.
For bonus points, you:
- Have worked with tools like Packer, ArgoCD, Airflow, Helm.
- Have a deep AWS knowledge and any AWS certification.
- Have previous experience working as a DevOps with data teams.
- Spark knowledge, and double bonus point if you have worked using Spark on K8s.
Sound good? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.