Workout when and where you want - that's our motto! GYMONDO is Germany's leading online fitness and nutrition platform. From our headquarters in Berlin, we want to revolutionize the online fitness world together with you and offer our customers the best workouts via web, mobile, and smart TV. Join our passionate team and become a part of our success story!
- We mainly code in Python, SQL/Postgresql
- The Data Warehouse is based on PostgreSQL hosted on an AWS EC2 instance
- The backend server is based on MySQL
- We use Python or Bash scripts for API and database Integrations
- We are considering to migrate to Redshift and Apache Airflow, where you will be the core part of the infrastructure. It will be up to you as well!
What you can expect in this role
- Architect, build and maintain data pipelines for both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be the integration lead. All the freedom to explore and build on top of our infrastructure or rebuild it from scratch
- Be the essential part of developing the business logic that defines the way Gymondo works.
- Partner with the Business Intelligence, Product & B2B teams on data analysis
- Developing the logic of the Data Warehouse
- We tend to automate processes. You can improve or build automation processes for affiliates, AdWords bidding or even automate display advertising for Gymondo.
Your essential experience and education
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineer integrating API’s with a
programming language (preferably Python) and a strong background in
- Solid understanding of Linux distributions, Bash and AWS.
- Experience and interest in working existing and emerging cloud technologies
- Facility with deriving technical tasks from abstract business questions
- An eye for both the big picture and the little details: you are equally comfortable architecting systems like a database or a pipeline, or debugging issues on the scale of individual data points
- Clarity, openness, and enthusiasm in communication with colleagues across domains
- You have the EU work permit
What it’s like to work at Gymondo
- Every one of us shapes our Gymondo culture. We love to work
together on great projects, enjoy our Friday afternoon beers and monthly
- An exciting work environment full of challenging projects with a high degree of responsibility from the first day
- We give honest feedback to help our colleagues to grow. We give you the freedom to realize your ideas and time for learning and improving yourself.
- We love our mission to make people fit & happy - and also value our time out with 30 days of vacation for every team member
- We are a team of 35 Gymondoers...and growing! We are coming from all over the world. Germany, Portugal, France, Brazil, New Zealand, Italy, Pakistan, Ukraine, Argentina, Bulgaria, Finland, Serbia, South Korea, and Spain.
Health & Fitness