eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and at a better value for our customers worldwide. Our professionals develop and use cutting-edge tools to be able to offer more combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site. We can create 3,000 travel plans in 10 seconds!
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We put them first and foremost. We use data and research to develop products and features that will directly make an impact on unique traveller experience.
Are you willing to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into product and business decisions? This is your opportunity to join a fast moving and growing business unit!
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for a passionate, highly analytical Data Analyst to join our talented team in sunny and vibrant Barcelona. In this role you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact by influencing key business decisions and be responsible for working with multi-disciplinary teams - to blend data analytics and deep business expertise to generate a holistic understanding of the users and markets
- Ownership of analytical projects end to end from extracting and exploring data, testing hypotheses, building a structured analysis, including the rigorous evaluation of methods and results to communicating findings and proposing actionable recommendations to relevant members of the business,
- Design experiments to test hypotheses in conjunction with business; measure and corroborate the results with suggestions for actions to be taken,
- Translate complex business needs into analytical requirements with clear expected outcomes,
- Build and maintain dashboards and/or reports which will be consumed by senior management and C-level stakeholders,
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders; evangelise the use of data and the scientific method for decision making.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or other quantitative fields)
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics in an online/e-commerce environment or similar industries,
- Knowledge of advanced statistics, SQL, at least one data visualisation tool, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Knowledge of R, Python, Google ecosystem (BigQuery, Google Analytics…) is a plus,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English),
- State of the art understanding on the use of data and analytics to drive business goals and insights,
- Experience in communicating findings and proposing actionable recommendations to relevant members of the business,
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on detail.