Reaktor is a global strategy, design, and engineering company, with a one-year-old (🎉) office in Amsterdam. Our team is currently looking for developers who are really, truly, damn good.
We are in the business of making our clients (AFKLM, HBO, Michael Kors, Supercell, Sanoma, to name a few) succeed in their digital ventures. Our teams in Amsterdam, New York City, Helsinki, and Tokyo consist of propellerheads who do everything from hardcore software development to sophisticated brand and concept design.
The Amsterdam squad is essentially a small bunch of settlers who operate with the support of an international company. We love going to meetups, drinking sour ales in De Pijp, and kicking it with some of the biggest consumer brands out there.
What we’ve got for you:
- Let’s be real. Compared to the mothership in Helsinki, we’re still on the side of minuscule. But! Our projects are bigger than us, and you will be working in a team of 4 to 8 top-notch Reaktorians.
- When we hire you, we trust you. That means you call the shots when it comes to selecting your gear, tech, and ways of working.
- We try our darnedest to make sure that every morning, you’ll come to work with a smile on your face, feeling like you can make a difference.
- Naturally, necessities like equipment and compensation will be taken care of in a manner that all parties maintain said smile.
- We promise to send you to the Great White North (Finland) for orientation (bring a winter jacket). There’s a chance we’ll send you somewhere else as well if you like (jacket recommendation still open).
What you need to win the game:
- Mad skill in at least a few programming languages you like. Here are some things we are currently drooling over: functional programming, Node.js, Clojure, React, Swift, SQL, NoSQL, general bleeding edge stuff.
- Willingness to be responsible for your work, development and career path. Don’t worry: we’ll have your back in whatever you want to achieve, only it’s up to you to keep the end goal straight.
- Burning desire to improve, grow, get better, *insert more synonyms*. It’s okay to not be perfect.
All in all, we’re a simple lot. We believe in continuous learning, rapid iterations, and fully autonomic teams that have the means to accomplish their goals and make their own decisions. We don’t believe in unnecessary hierarchy, bureaucracy, staying in the comfort zone.
Does all this resonate with you? If so, we can’t wait to meet up.
Details of any open source projects, GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket repositories, and whatever else you deem necessary, are highly regarded. If you’re still unsure, let Adam explain what you can expect from interviewing with us.
Your new team