We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer to join our team and take our MVP to market. Be part of an exciting travel startup that is backed by the former UK Managing Director of Thomas Cook.
Our value proposition is simple: “Enriching family holidays, tried and tested by like-minded mums”. We’re the first travel company in the world that is focussed on mums: the decision-maker in the family when it comes to family holidays. We’re targeting the 8 million UK mums to form a unique and defensible community dedicated to family travel. TimeAway is a marketplace where SuperMums sell family holidays based on their own experiences amongst their networks. Since the dot com boom there has been an incredible amount of innovation in travel, but the family market has been largely ignored. It’s time to shake things up.
We’re passionate about the educational benefits of travel and want to disrupt the stagnant family travel market. We’re looking for a travel-loving Chief Technology Officer to join our team and provide technical leadership for our venture. Our small team means that you’ll be given a large amount of responsibility from day 1 and so we’re looking for someone with drive, tenacity and patience. You’ll need to have a deep understanding of both the technical issues of scaling a business as well as experience growing and mentoring a team. Be prepared to get your hands dirty in the detail, but also think strategically to drive our vision forward. We’d especially like to meet people who have prior experience or an interest in travel technology.
• Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you energized by challenges that stand in your way?
• Are you a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference?
• Do you have the ability to work autonomously and be decisive?
• Do you get excited about building/coaching teams and helping them grow and develop?
• Are you interested in travel technology?
• Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
• Design and develop system infrastructure and architecture to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Build quality assurance and data protection processes
• Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
• Communicate technology strategy to investors
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• High level of experience in Django or another Python based framework.
• Experience using jQuery, PostgreSQL, Linux, Elasticsearch, and Amazon Web Services a plus
• Experience with server technologies such as Java, Node.js, or PHP
• Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
• Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium
• Familiarity with Git / Github
• OTA and/or eCommerce experience a bonus
• Any additional skills you can bring to the table are always welcome
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently; accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity
• Become one of the early employees of TimeAway
• Competitive salary packages and stock options
• Think about all the holiday discounts!