Do you enjoy identifying potential products to satisfy your customer’s needs? Do you love follow up the developing process with the rest of the teams until you get your products ready? Do you like conducting market research looking for growth opportunities for your company? Do you love working within the digital startups ecosystem? Great! We are offering a unique opportunity to do all this and more at Spaceboost.
Here at Spaceboost we are looking for people who want to develop their career in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world. So, we need people who are looking for new technological challenges. We expect you to be a team player into IT department who love interacting with humans as much as technology, going the extra mile to help teams to reach a balance their goals. You like people. You like talking with people. You like helping people. This role is as much about people as it is technology!
As CTO, your main responsibility will be to provide solid technical leadership, drive innovation in every aspect of our business with a ‘can do’ attitude, and to direct the technological team in the right direction.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is a great opportunity to drive the technology and strategy in developing the best-in-class architecture for fueling the company’s continued growth.
As a CTO at Spaceboost, you will take part in:
- Collaboratively determine and execute global technology strategy for Spaceboost.
- Coordinate new functions of our software with the Product Team.
- Prioritize functionalities of our software and commercial needs of the business together with the CEO and Chief of Product.
- Develop the company’s strategy for use of technological resources through the use of roadmaps, difficult tradeoffs, decision frameworks.
- Evaluate new technical characteristics of our Product and, identify and eliminate possible delays with development.
- Promote new ways of development and innovation.
- You’ll be part of the executive management team with a focus on the business’ proactivity.
- Maintain clear communication between the technology and the product teams.
- Lead a team of software developers, mentor team members, and represent department needs.
- Help establish, monitor and manage to key performance indicators and organizational and departmental metrics and goals.
- Manage Technology expenses and budgets to ensure accurate financial planning, showing a high level of fiduciary responsibility and cost optimization across programs.
We're definitely looking for you, if you have:
- Experience in the marketing sector and/or in a SaaS business.
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading technology teams in highly dynamic organizations.
- 5+ years' experience as the top-level technology executive managing an organization of 20+ employees.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills which demonstrate maturity, judgement, negotiation/influencer, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with relational databases (Like PostgreSQL, for example).
- Certification like AWS Solutions architect or demonstrable experience.
- Experience with messaging and microservices (Kubernetes).
- Experience with BigData technologies (hadoop, etc).
- Experience with TDD.
- J2EE certification.
- Experience with time series databases (like Kudu).
- Knowledge of Data Processing using Spark.
- Knowledge of Frontend frameworks (Angular, VueJS, etc.).
- Passion for SOLID principles and design patterns.
Our core values are very important to us:
- We are passionate: We are positive and full of energy! We work to continuously delivering the best of ourselves, sharing values, knowledge, and achievements.
- We are intergalactic explorers: We don’t settle. We have no fear. We are always looking forward to making things better!
- We are innovators - our motto: Take risks, lose, learn and repeat! We empower new ways of working. We go beyond learning, implementing every improvement possible.
- We are always here for our users: Our boosters’ happiness is our own happiness. We treat each of our users as one of our own, putting ourselves in their shoes to help them break through their barriers and boost their brands into orbit.
- We have indestructible team spirit: Each one of us is equally important for the team. Our flat hierarchy promotes cooperation, taking advantage of everyone's superpowers. We have a constant feed-forward approach, recognizing every contribution!
If you believe you match these values, we are looking forward to meet you! You can apply via the application button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.