We are seeking a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Country Manager at our Barcelona office to steer and grow our operation in Spain & Portugal.
In this role you will be the primary voice and ambassador of our business in Spain & Portugal. You will manage a dynamic team in winning our top markets and establishing a strong Airbnb presence in new markets. You will raise the opportunities and concerns of the market and set the priorities that will grow those markets. Together with your functional partners, you will set transparent objectives, and execute the Airbnb strategy on the ground. You will be a natural born leader, capable to influence and with an analytical approach to drive decisions. Your communication skills will be exceptional with proven ability to train, support and inspire a team.
- Ensure successful local planning and execution of our global strategy.
- Work with core functions such as Legal, Public Policy, Marketing, PR, Product, Customer Experience, to ensure strategy works well with all departments involved.
- Steer the office by ensuring everyone knows the strategy, embodies the values of the company and has the right opportunities to develop and strive.
- Be the primary advocate and expert for the region under your control.
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market. Steer the sales and account management team to success to grow our presence in the market.
- Act as company spokesperson in interviews with key media, liaise with our PR organisation and external agencies.
- Inform and support local Public Policy strategy by meeting with government officials and local associations.
- This role reports directly to the EMEA Managing Director
- >12 years of professional experience of which >5 managing cross-functional teams at dynamic international growth companies with P&L Ownership
- Experience in B2B and B2C business models, strong operational experience is a must.
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Operations, Marketing/Business Development
- Proven exposure to the hospitality sector is a plus.
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional international environment.
- Native Spanish, Fluent English.
- Experience on being spokesperson in the media. Having a policy component to the profile is a plus.
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to yield the team to get the very best out of them. Hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available.
- An undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, and ability to act as a role model to Airbnb and its values.
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
- Have a passion for travel, Airbnb, and being the best!