The Content Lead in Booking.com’s Content Agency works with business stakeholders to provide content consultancy and defines the content strategy in order to support their business unit to achieve its goals.
This senior role is responsible for ensuring that business units, strategic initiatives and company priorities are supported with content advice, content strategy development and the end-to-end support they need to create a compelling, informative and successful customer or partner experience. They are responsible for safeguarding a unified visual style and tone of voice as part of a growing Content Lead community. They also ensure ongoing and effective communication with creative teams, Business Unit owners, Product, Design and the Content Agency Services to set the path for scale when needed.
The Content Lead is highly creative, resourceful, has strong knowledge of product development and working with and developing brand guardrails. The successful candidate will have a collaborative nature and a passion for the latest developments in content creation. They are able to clearly explain the ‘why’ behind their proposed content plans to stakeholders and address pros and cons of these against alternative solutions, using customer or partner success and business impact as measures for success.
- Work with high-level stakeholders to identify their content needs, support with creative ideation, and develop content strategy for their business unit or track
- Create agile content squads or work with local Agency project managers to develop briefs, fulfill on MVP or produce creative content to fulfill on strategy
- Monitor performance of content strategy, create strong feedback loops between Product and Agency on content investment, learnings and best practices
- Drive consistency of content (in terms of brand positioning, tone, style) across the Content Lead/Production community to ensure greater cohesion
- Drive consistency of content taxonomy to ensure systems are speaking to each other
- Promote new types and applications of content, set quality standards and evangelise
- Work with Content Agency Project Managers on growing content projects from incubator phase to full scale when validated.
- Significant experience in the ideation, creation, planning and maintenance of editorial content (covering mostly visual and written content)
- Ability to apply user research to inform and defend content strategy
- Experience of working with content localisation (visual and written) and ability to relate localisation decisions to qualitative or quantitative data
- A strong understanding of how product development works in an e-commerce environment
- An understanding of brand development, and how to support a brand in new initiatives
- An ability to create guardrails when needed that cascade from – and stay true to – our global brand guidelines
- An ability to lead ideation sessions around key business objectives with BU or track owners and creative team
- An ability to build strong, effective, collaborative relationships
- Able to work in agile way with ad hoc creative teams
- Experience in managing cross-disciplinary teams
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Content Lead in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.