Are you a (full-stack) developer and do you dream about becoming a co-founder at a startup with a lot of ambition and potential? Keep on reading!
What we do
Roos is a, free of charge, innovative personal assistent to manage your insurance, energy and telecom contracts. Roos provides an overview of your contracts, how much you pay for them and your remaining contract time. Our users will get active advice regarding best products, gaps in their coverage or ways to save money based on your customer journey and personal preferences.
Our vision is to become the single point of contact for your fixed costs like insurance, telecom and energy related in your life and always available. No more hassle for you, always certainty of the best deals, saving you time to do things you really enjoy.
Roos was founded in 2014 in Amsterdam. Roos combines years of experience in the different markets like energy, telecom and insurance and comparison services and new developments like AI, chatbots, API architectures and developments with mobile services.
Who are we?
- Currently we are with two founders (business, marketing and
product) and together we have over 12 years of experience in the
business. Telecom, energy, and previously founder and CEO of one of the
top 3 comparison sites, you name it, we did it.
- The first steps with Roos have been made, we have a basic service to create a contract overview and are responsive so you can use it on mobile, tablet and desktop. With this we learn from our first users and grow from here.
- We have an extensive network. A network that helps us creating a better product (energy, telecom, insurance), a network of business partners to help us create reach and the necessary connections for next step investments.
We’re looking for a co-founder to complement our team. Somebody with energy, passion and ambition to introduce this kind of service first to the Dutch market.
Who are you?
- We can’t wait to make steps on our MVP. For the upcoming period you
are enthusiastic to start Roos next to your fixed or freelance job and
grow it further so we can start working on it fulltime.
- You’re a full stack developer with several years of experience, up-to-date with all new frameworks, services, hosting and ideas. Also setting up a smart and efficient architecture, continuous integration and testing are part of your toolkit.
- Our current development stack is built on Ruby and we prefer to continue development on this.
- Besides your development mindset, you have an understanding of economics and financials of a business, as a nice to have you have experience in investor relations.
- You know how to deal with agile environments, like to work lean and understand that making choices is the way forward
- No god-complex, you believe education and guidance brings people to full strength and succes.
- As a person you are ambitious, goal-driven, you always look for the possibility, you’re reliable and a honest communicator.
What can we offer you?
- You become part of a founding team and management with the ambition
to grow to a bigger team and take part of all decisions as an
- The reward will be in the beginning equity, with a strong drive to connect as soon as possible with partners or investors.
- A lot of freedom in your work. Together we decide the route Roos will follow, but you decide how we get there regarding development.
- Moreover, the freedom to decide how and when to work. However, open communication regarding this is key, but a message on Slack can be sufficient.
- Our office is located in the Hackers & Founders Building right in the center of Amsterdam with many other startups, developers and entrepreneurs, great coffee and a beautiful garden.
Are you getting enthusiastic?
We’d love to get to know you and drink a cup of coffee. Send your resume and examples of your past work (i.e. links of Github/Stackoverflow) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Send us an email and we’ll get back to you!
Are you a recruiter? Don’t bother, we don’t work with recruiters. Moreover, for this role we want somebody for the founding team, so also no offers from freelancers please.