Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Manager to join our Team in Berlin!
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing the cloud information systems security, including disaster recovery, database protection, and software development, helping us improve our information and server security. You will also try out new domains, technologies and ways of working in a fast-moving and diverse environment.
- Communicative and collaborative team player
- Continuous learner always curious and open to new opportunities
- Bold enough to accept big challenges and humble enough to recognize that success never comes easily
- Able to make independent decisions and perform comprehensive, objective analysis
- Strengthen the information security practices and controls in areas such as Data Protection, Cloud Security, Identity and Access Management, Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Secure SDLC
- Coordinate Risk Assessment and IT Continuity planning and testing
- Identify and communicate information security, compliance and other security issues to internal stakeholders
- Safeguard the organization’s computers, networks, and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses, or cyber-attacks, avoiding loss of confidential information, lost revenue, and fines from regulatory agencies for failing to protect data.
- Collaborate with Legal & Compliance for enforcement of policies, procedures, incidents and associated plans
- Conduct, lead and assure company-wide security awareness training programs
- Maintain a working knowledge of IS functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures and also manage metrics, monitoring and reports
- Serve as the leader for the development, implementation and ongoing operations of a comprehensive penetration testing program that includes external network penetration testing, internal network penetration testing, wireless penetration testing and application penetration testing
- 10+ years of experience with 3+ years of experience with Information/Cloud Security
- 2+ years experience in managing technical projects teams
- A strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security
- Practical and hands-on experience with security technologies and specific platforms that enable log collection, event correlation, encryption, key and certificate management, intrusion prevention/detection and response technologies
- Experience in working with wired/wireless networking, networking protocols and security-related technologies
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Mac and Windows operating systems and deep knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Experience in conducting security assessments and penetration tests
- Experience identifying application security vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, Buffer Overflows, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with SecOps, OWASP and Access Management systems
- A professional security certification (CISM, CISSP, CSX or CISA)
- Knowledge of German language
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems - at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).