Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Operations Engineer Exceeds Customer Expectations by taking on the task of maintenance and modifications, of Devo’s platform, to meet customer requirements. They Make & Keep Commitments by resolving incidents within the agreed upon terms and fix incidents, if and when needed, thereby ensuring our solution has the high availability and reliability standard promised by the business.
The ideal candidate Questions the Status Quo by looking into manual daily tasks and seeking out new ways of automating them in an error free manner. They will act as a consummate Team Player by collaborating with the Professional Services teams to understand new client needs and with the Customer Support and Customer Success functions to analyze issues and find long lasting and permanent solutions ensuring a decrease in incidents over time.
- Work with the Network Operations Center, Customer Success and Customer Support, teams to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely and successful manner.
- Collaborate with Professional Services formulating the best approaches to modify our platform in order to meet customer needs.
- Analyze recurring tasks to identify new opportunities for automation thereby reducing repetitive and manual tasks in order to focus on additional value producing activities.
- Regularly align all stakeholders regarding cloud operations’ infrastructural needs and obligations. Work with the internal technology team to streamline, rebuild, and reimplement existing processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, relevant to Computer Science.
- Strong Linux user & Sysadmin knowledge.
- Basic understanding of networks.
- Knowledge of/experience using Jenkins is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing.
- Minimum of 3 years of programming/scripting in; Python, Bash and/or Perl.
- Experience using AWS.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Ansible.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.