Engineering is at the heart of our start-up. It is our long-term mission and passion to design financial solutions for our customers that enable them to focus on realising their entrepreneurial dreams. To this end, we have gathered some of the most stubborn experts in the industry. As a diverse collection of personalities, we share one drive: using our knowledge to set new standards and make our customers succeed in their business.
As our Cloud Engineer / DevOps Champion, you’ll be working closely with developers to integrate their work into our different AWS environments and ensure their ongoing support once there. You’ll gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design. Additionally, you will work intensely with other engineers to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle and pipe-lines and dive deep into the software stack to fix as needed.
* Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment.
* Develop infrastructure environments in serverless, event-driven style, using cloud-native technologies and approaches.
* Fix and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
* Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services.
Apart from that, you’ll work with a team of peers who are committed to improve, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
You strongly relate to the following:
* You will engage in active collaboration with developers, QA engineers and system engineers.
* You will support infrastructure engineering and reengineering projects, focusing on scalability, simplicity and high availability of our platform.
* You have a can-do attitude with mastery in applying different technologies and methodologies in order to solve problems to achieve results.
* You are an easy and approachable teammate who enjoys mentoring colleagues and educate the organisation.
* You have an intimate understanding of the DevOps principles and culture.
* You are eloquent in infrastructure-as-code, with hands-on and practical experience with either AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
* You understand the challenges of a distributed event-driven architecture and have actual mileage using the Serverless.com framework and/or the AWS Serverless Application Model.
* You have intimate knowledge of Amazon Web Services native services, such as API Gateway, Lambda, StepFunctions, DynamoDB, Aurora, VPC, ALB, EC2, ECS (Fargate), CloudWatch, Route53, CloudFront and the likes.
* You have worked understanding of (data) streaming and/or queuing mechanisms such as AWS Kinesis, AWS SQS or AWS SNS.
* You have relevant experience with centralized monitoring and logging solutions (CloudWatch, PagerDuty, DataDog).
* You have engineer level skills in any of the following: Python, NodeJS, Java or Go.
* You are flexible and versatile while responding positively to shifting priorities and timelines.
* You embrace and harness new technologies that can bolster our services.
* You are passionate and enthusiastic about engineering excellence and have attention to detail.
As a young start-up, backed by one of the largest banks in the Netherlands, with deep knowledge of financing, a modern cloud-base system and a clear growth path, you have a tremendous opportunity for long term growth, impact on customers and technology learning.
We would love to welcome you to our easy accessible international office in one of the most tech-hottest parts in Amsterdam where we are part of a vibrant co-working space in the newly opened Spaces The Cloud building, just between the Amstel Station and the Amstel River.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.