It's rewarding to work at a company where YOU make a difference!
If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Tech Data!
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
The Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineer works to deploy and maintain resources in the Public cloud environment. The engineer will automate the provisioning of infrastructure using Terraform and Ansible through Infrastructure as Code. This role will work closely with Security teams, Infrastructure architects, and DevOps to ensure a secure, well maintained environment. Additionally, the Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineer will be responsible for the health, and maintenance of the tenant, managing project budgets spends, patching and updates, and optimization of resources.
- Cloud operations - Proactive maintenance of Microsoft Azure and AWS environments, Identify areas of concern, and improve platform where possible (20%)
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform and Ansible (30%)
- Security, Cost and Performance optimization of AWS and Azure environments (5%)
- Problem management & General troubleshooting (10%)
- Support Architect to create/deploy solution architecture (20%)
- Design and project work (15%)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
- Associate Degree with Systems Engineering or Related field of study required.
- Other Education / Certifications: Windows Server, Public cloud certifications, ITIL Foundation, LPIC1, HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate, AWS Certified Developer - Associate.
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level
- Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Professional, office environment.
- Some travel required.