certace connects the top 1% of data experts (Machine Learning Scientists, Data Architects, Data Engineers, Information Strategists etc.) with the most relevant and meaningful high-impact projects. Through our extensive network - covering Life Sciences, Agriculture/Food/Chemicals, and Financial Services, we have unique access to the rapidly growing field of opportunities where data, mathematics and algorithms can play a transformative role on unexplored terrain. We believe that we are at the beginning of the beginning of the data science era, and that it's all about talent. We want to enable our ace talents to reach their full potential.
As a Chief Data Officer you will be the bridging element between the client and the Data Science expert(s), working at the interface of business strategy and technology. You will oversee our talent selection process, ensuring that we get and retain the top 1% of data experts. With our clients, you will identify opportunities and design projects to address them, such as identifying compounds of winning scent patterns for the production of food and beverage ingredients or systems pharmacology modeling to enable decision making in drug discovery and patient treatment. You will need to be self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex interpersonal dynamics.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Understand client needs and contextualize data within the larger business problem
- Diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Refine the data expert selection process based on data driven insights
- Develop an automated matching algorithm to staff the right expert from our network on our data projects
- Support the development of analytical models and tools that improve existing processes and decision making with effective use of data and analytic techniques.
- Support the new client acquisition processes by defining data-related use cases
- Fostering the certace data expert community e.g. by organizing datathons, competitions and pro bono data studies
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree (MSc or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical engineering or similar field
- Ability to work with statistical or mathematical algorithms and techniques, including regression, classification, clustering, optimization and simulation
- Strong problem solving ability
- Proficient knowledge of written and spoken English
- Attractive compensation package including stock options
- Working in a young and dynamic environment empowering you to implement your own ideas
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Relocation assistance to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Would you love to join our Berlin team? Then please forward your application including: CV, compensation expectations, your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org