Whisbi is how the world's biggest companies are starting sales conversations with their customers.
Whisbi has been shortening sales cycles for large enterprises for ten years, by delivering conversational solutions that engage customers in the exact moment a sales decision occurs.
Whisbi's solutions blend voice, messaging and video communication, with AI and conversational expertise in specific industry verticals. What this means is that companies can quickly build sustainable sales flows around complex organizations and business rules.
Global enterprises such as AT&T, Vodafone, Toyota, Hyundai and Sky trust Whisbi to coordinate their assisted and unassisted sales. Whisbi is always the channel with the highest close rate.
About the role
As a Business Intelligence Technical Specialist, you will help Whisbi’s software achieve the best quality and reliability. You will make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development.
Over time you will work on the backend database systems as the Whisbi architecture evolves to our storage systems. You will work under little to no supervision and within general practices; implement features for a wide range of complex software modules . To ensure product functionality completeness and the highest quality of work, you will work closely with product managers, QA engineers, Back-end and Front-end engineers.
About the team
At Whisbi we care about shipping real value to customers fast. We do this with an integrated product/engineering team that is lean, powerful and fast.
What kind of people are there?
Most team members have deep experience in startup engineering. We are shipping at least once a week to full enterprise systems. We own our responsibilities, check our own work, and make sure experiences are reliable.
Many have 10+ years experience, and have owned their own companies. These are the people who have enough battle experience to architect solutions that can be built fast, destroyed safely, and scaled easily when the time comes.
We look for amazing learners and flexible problem solvers.
How do we work?
We always work with well validated strategic customer problems and solutions that have already been experience tested with rapid prototypes in the field - before we consider building.
We combine strategic viewpoints in product and engineering to reduce scope, so our tactical executions are always small and rapid. Quick to deliver, quick to learn, so as a team we course correct early.
We work in an agile environment, taking care of the current ecosystem of solutions, with a clear milestone of quality, performance, and reliability
What you'll be doing on the team
In the first month, you will:
- Get familiar with the Whisbi Platform and its features
- Learn the basics of the internal workings and architecture of the platform
- Understand the working processes of the Engineering team and how we collaborate with the other teams
- Integrate the Back-end chapter and learn the coding guidelines and quality standards
By month 3, you will:
- Take part in designing the software architecture of new features and products
- CodeReview as part of the quality process
- Share your knowledge of unit & functional testing with the rest of the Engineering team
By month 6, you will:
- Promote best practices and new ways of improving our software
- Make sure the quality and tests coverage of the code base is maintained and improved
- Help the on-boarding of new team members
The mission of your role would be to:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Understand the business needs and produce insightful analyses for internal squads
- Help colleagues to access to the right data and understand what it reveals
- Design, build and deploy the database strategy of a new line of products.
- Create and maintain processes to organize and store data (e.g. OLAP cubes, Kafka streams..)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data scientist
- Industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Experience working both with technical and analytical profiles
- Experience in relational and non relational databases (MySql, Postgre, SqlServer, Redshift, Mongo)
- Knowledge of SQL, Data Modelling and Stream processing
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Hands-on as you will be part of the architecture and of the development of the solution.
- Experience working in SaaS companies and start-up environment
- Experience working with Agile (Jira, Kanban etc..)
- University degree ideally in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Fully remote work options - but we also have an amazing co-working space in the city center of Barcelona
- Gym sponsorship
- 23 days holiday - you choose when to enjoy them
- Yoga classes
- Online language classes
- Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.