We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing the growth acquisition plan in your market.
- Establishing timely renewals by owning the commercial relationship end to end, including client growth and strategy, forecasting, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Given your admirable efforts above, drive outstanding rates of renewal, expansion and advocacy in Hostmaker’s client base
- Working closely with the General Manager and the City Manager to develop and implement a growth acquisition plan.
- Building strong relationships with many of the largest hosts in Barcelona.
- Partnering with Hostmaker’s Marketing and Yield Management team to align on client needs, use cases and success stories.
- Achieving a deep understanding of Hostmaker’s value proposition and market leadership in addition to demonstrating the platform’s benefits and capabilities to win new business.
- Collaborating with the Head of Growth and the General Manager to ensure the client journey is optimised and efficient for fast conversion.
- Working with Marketing and other teams to continuously enhance our service and offering using the insights you gather from interacting with clients.
- Using local market knowledge and network of contacts in Barcelona to source owners with suitable development opportunities where our business model can create value and operate.
- Developing new relationships and expanding existing accounts.
What will you bring?
- You are passionate about the Airbnb experience & hospitality.
- You have experience in actively interacting and growing a portfolio of accounts
- You bring 5 years of experience as a Sales Manager or Business Development Manager position
- You are a people’s person - You are eager to work in a business that puts the customer first and you are ready and willing to provide creative and thoughtful solutions to our customer’s questions or problems.
- You are a Business Development and real estate expert who knows very well the Barcelona market.
- You have a strong experience in commercial real estate (including acquisition & development)
- You’ve built a strong real estate network in Barcelona.
- You bring problem solving skills with doses of common sense, cheerfulness and stamina to the table.
- Your grammar is flawless and emails are articulate.
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- 23 days holiday plus Spanish bank holidays.
- Bonus entitlement
- Subsidised Gym membership and discounted outdoor activity packages