AirDNA is a Denver-based technology startup revolutionizing the vacation rental industry, with a big office in Barcelona. In three short years, AirDNA has established itself as the the leading provider of data and analytics for the $140 billion dollar industry. Our customer roster includes a who’s who of investment banks, hotels, hedge funds, real estate investors, and vacation rental pros. We are bootstrapped, profitable, and ambitious.
AirDNA is searching for our first Barcelona-based data analyst rock star. You'll be responsible for extracting meaning from one of the most impactful data sets to come about in recent years. The home sharing industry has seen staggering growth, capturing the attention of hosts, real estate investors, hedge funds, the largest hotel players and beyond.
Your role will be to work with our massive databases to put together compelling trends and insights for the marketing and sales teams. Search the internet and you will see our data dusts the pages of the world’s biggest newspapers and is used by the world’s great universities. Your work, with the guidance of management, will help to illustrate current events and influence industry developments.
You are a data analysis expert, an ideas person and a troubleshooter. Expertise with SQL is a must.
- Craft amazing stories using your impressive SQL capabilities and
data intuition layered on top of our industry-leading data set
- Assist world-leading journalists and publications with analytics to support their stories
- Work with our sales teams to provide them with data extracts to fulfill the neverending range of customer requests
- Help to originate new data sets for commercialisation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years (intermediate to advanced skill set) of experience working
with SQL, data relationships, structured and unstructured data
- Experience with data visualization/BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Periscope, Mode
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, CS, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field
- Demonstrated experience (academic or professional) handling and deriving insights from complex data sets
- Genuine excitement for data and meaning that can be extracted from data
- Excel junkie
- Research mindset and an ability to produce actionable results
- An interest in real estate, housing policy, and/or urban affairs
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Understand of what it means to work in a startup environment: self starter, flexibility, ability to manage oneself effectively.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with web/product analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.
- Experience in data science, economic analysis, real estate, or urban planning
- Familiarity with Postgres, Redshift, AWS and related toolsets
- Basic programming experience, ie. scripting languages like R, Python, or Matlab
- You have experience with visualizations tools such Adobe Illustrator, D3.js, Shiny, and/or packages such as ggplot, Bokeh, or Matplotlib.
- Competitive cash compensation
- A beautiful fun-filled office on Avinguda Diagonal with a BBQ, a big terrace, and a nap room(!)
- Team outings (skiing, karaoke, beach days)
- Office dogs
- The chance to be part of a company with monster, profitable growth.
How to apply
An email to email@example.com with a resume and a covering email on why you would want to work here will put you to the front of the queue.