Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for designing and implementing modern backend and middleware solutions to help support Spotcap's global portfolio of products and services.
- Using your knowledge of the benefits of functional programming, encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, immutability, asynchronous structures, and code organization to deliver high quality, robust, and maintainable code.
- Actively participating in planning, creating, and running the products and services.
- Doing code-reviews, automated testing and taking features to production.
- Integrate with third party APIs and write specifications for APIs consumed by our partners.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- An engineering environment where learning and applying new methods and technologies is encouraged.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Two plus years of experience in developing and running HTTP API based backends.
- Proficiency in Scala, knows its ecosystem and has experience running products/services on the JVM.
- Worked in feature teams that worked on all aspects of a software product.
- Experience writing concurrent, parallel and scalable products.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services products.
- An understanding of the benefits of purely functional code, immutability, encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, asynchronous structures, code organisation and testability.
- Followed new developments in the ever changing landscape of backend technologies.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development and deployment process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done.
- Fluency in English.