About Gravity Sketch
Gravity Sketch is a young London based startup shaking up the 3D
design world. Every day we push the boundaries of what 3D creation
really means and redefine the next wave of creative tools. Yes, we
redefine and push a lot! If you like breaking the rules and want to be
transforming entire industries, get in touch.
This role will involve designing and developing large scale distributed systems to support real-time multi-user interactions in an Immersive Product (yes, even more complex than MMO), 3D social, collaboration.
As a Backend Software Engineer in an immersive technology company, you need to understand our products, have empathy with our users, and have a passion and motivation to improve, propose, design, and develop scalable backend systems to support low latency interactions across multi-platform applications such as VR, AR, mobile devices and so on. You understand PoC, MVP, and production development, and can properly address and balance the quality (scalability, reliability, extensibility, flexibility etc) of the systems you are going to deliver in timeline.
With a solid engineer foundation, you will need to learn new skills and knowledge in cutting edge technologies, and always be willing to try, propose, redesign, and refactor alternative solutions to be more efficient, reduce errors, and minimise human interactions for maintenance factors.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- 3+ years Java or C# experience or with proven mastery of Java or C#
- Understand and adopt rigorous industry-standard coding and design pattern best practices, including SOLID
- Understand distributed system
- Keen interest in new and emerging technologies
Nice to haves
- Experience in large scale projects, working in teams
- Experience with large scale distributed system
- Understand and know how to build a scalable system
- Experience implementing with AWS or Google cloud
- Understand how to and be able to implement automated development process
About Gravity Sketch