As a backend software developer you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing new features in the backend core of Sympower platform, integrating new devices into the platform and making sure that the platform is scalable, fast and secure.
We are a rapidly growing company and you will be among the first members of the development team. You will have input in selecting the best software development tools and methodologies so we can deliver quality software faster while working smarter.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
* Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 2 years of Software Engineering work experience;
* Experience in a real-world project implemented in server-side Java;
* Familiarity with some of the following technologies: Spring framework, JPA/Hibernate, RDBMS/PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Machine Learning;
* Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal);
* Passionate about problem solving and working with a team to build great solutions;
* Eager to learn new things and proactively involve colleagues for support when needed;
* Experience in independently running small projects end to end without supervision;
* Interest in scaling services and Internet-of-Things (IoT).
* Competitive salary;
* International and fast-paced environment;
* Flexible working hours;
* Opportunities for professional development through training and mentoring;
* Office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands or Tartu, Estonia.
Join a highly driven, passionate and fun-loving team of people from all over the world! If you are excited about this opportunity, please write to us before March 6th 2017 at laura[@]sympower.net and attach your CV and motivation letter.
Sympower is an impact-driven smart energy/cleantech startup that operates at the junction of ICT and energy. We help enable a low-carbon future by making the electricity system more efficient. We do this by connecting electrical appliances - large and small - to our platform, optimising their behaviour in real time, in response to unexpected changes in the power grid. This helps support a larger amount of renewable generation and move beyond fossil fuels.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!