Backend Software Engineer
Payworks is a global infrastructure provider for integrated Point of Sale solutions with offices in Munich, London, Barcelona and Austin. We work with innovators, banks, merchant service providers, card schemes, mobile operators, ISOs, ISVs, and other value added resellers to deliver the fastest, simplest and most secure EMV compliant omni-channel payment solutions for businesses. Our cloud-based payment platform gives our partners unprecedented flexibility in delivering exactly what their merchants need to be successful in providing the best customer experience. Leading providers of integrated Point of Sale solutions in the US, Europe and Africa run their applications on payworks in order to improve the way merchants and shoppers engage at the Point of Sale. We are growing rapidly and are looking for the best talent to join our team on this great journey!
What you will do...
- You will work on our backend system that is built to scale and handle millions of payment transactions.
- You will work with all the infrastructure in the cloud.
- You will work with the latest technologies: Java8, Spring4, Hibernate5, Log4j2, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- You will have the ability to propose change: Akka, NoSql, etc.
- Complete and automated CI and CD processes with Atlassian tools.
- You will work in an open team, focused on testing and code quality.
- We’re an API-first company. You will give our frontend and mobile developers plenty of ammunition to build great applications.
- You work in close collaboration with our mobile and web developers. Also, you will have the chance to acquire knowledge in the rapidly changing payments market by working with our business guys and clients.
What we offer...
- An open culture that welcomes agile methods (Scrum, TDD, continuous deployment, retrospectives, …).
- A mindset, where we see software engineering as a skill where you never stop learning to write cleaner and more efficient code.
- A position where you can bring in your ideas to create the best products.
- The chance to get on board a growing company, giving you the opportunity to quickly take over responsibility.
- A competitive compensation.
- All the hardware you need to feel good while you code.
- Coffee, fresh fruits and game room.
- Relaxed office and positive work environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- We play together with team events, trips and sporting events.
- Relocation support and allowance.
- German classes.
What we are looking for...
- You have experience in creating robust and scalable web services including their architecture, API design, testing, deployment and operation.
- You have a keen eye for details and the drive to become better at what you do everyday.
- You have a DevOps mindset.
- You know your Java and are not afraid to use other languages and tools to get the job done.
- You are not scared of taking over responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Very good English language skills.