Who we are:
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That’s why we’ve made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We’re going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. Team Software at EVBox is focused on developing next generation firmware and a global charging management platform to improve the experience of EV stakeholders everywhere.
As our Back End Software Engineer, you will build and improve the cloud services and apps that support our charging stations. Your software will handle load balancing and interoperability with roaming partners. In the upcoming months we will start to improve our platform so that it charges the car when energy is cheapest, and feeds it back into the house when it's expensive, all while keeping the car sufficiently charged for everyday use.
We expect you to contribute more than just being a developer. You will contribute to and influence infrastructure decisions and automation. You will also make your colleagues better by being a mentor. Our vision is that DevOps should be embedded in the development team. The people who create the software are the best ones to run it..
Architecture & development
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications.
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring & leadership
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Coordinating the transferring and retention of knowledge in the department is what you enjoy
- Mentoring less experienced team members and guiding them with your strong communication skills
DevOps & testing
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Set up and own testing and build infrastructure
- Strong Java Core skills
- Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, Spring, Guice, Hibernate, Docker, microservices, various cloud technologies
- You like most of our methods: Agile, build management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, data structures/algorithms
We would be more than happy if you also have these bonus skills:
- Experience in engineering low latency software systems of medium to large scope and complexity
- Knowledge of distributed systems and memory and performance optimisation