Are you a Java developer? Do you want to help bring scientific research forward? We are looking for a friendly and dynamic backend developer to join our team in Berlin!
labfolder is a software company that develops an amazing online electronic lab notebook (ELN) for scientists. By reinventing the traditional paper lab notebook, our productivity & collaboration platform makes it easier to create, find, share, discuss and validate research data as a team. You can create a free account on our website to have a look at our application.
We are a mix of passionate technology experts and scientists who want to build and share our product with universities, biotech companies and other research institutions. At labfolder you can help simplify daily life in the lab, allowing researchers to concentrate on what they do best: making extraordinary discoveries and bringing innovation to the world!
> Support the existing cloud and on-premise applications
> Help design and develop new REST-APIs, to allow partners to add data directly to our platform
> Participate in building a scalable platform to help scientists store their ever-increasing data!
OUR TECH STACK:
HOW WE WORK:
We are an agile team of 9 people (dev, product, QA) organizing our workflow with Jira. We hold a daily standup and all our code undergoes peer-review till it is ready! And we care about test coverage.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Java proficiency
- Someone who has experience in and enjoys working in a team
- A good communicator, able to explain your work and exchange with colleagues
- Open to giving and receiving feedback from team members
- Pragmatic enough to know how much effort to put in which direction
- We are a startup: you are not afraid of taking the initiative, you are independent and self-motivated
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We work for a product that matters: we want to simplify the work of scientists and help them make great discoveries
- A super nice office next to Treptower Park in Berlin
- We are a small (20 ppl), friendly, and flat company that believes in and supports self-development: we like to see our colleagues grow in the company
- You will work with a dedicated and fun team of colleagues from 12 different countries
- We welcome initiative and value your opinion - share your own ideas on the topic
- Startup perks: drinks, TGIF beer, ice-cream in the fridge, a ping-pong table, regular BBQ or other events
HOW TO APPLY?
A cover letter is even more important for us than your CV. You don’t need to overthink it, just tell us with your own words why you would like to do this job, why you would be good at it, and why labfolder!! Please indicate your ideal starting date.
Do you have a previous project that you are really proud of? Any open
source contributions? A public GitHub profile? Please include any of
these you feel relevant with your application!
ONE LAST THING :)
labfolder welcomes diversity and strives for an inclusive environment. We are looking for qualified candidates with no regard to ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity & sexual orientation, disability, age, or other features that make a person interesting and unique.
We respect work-life balance and are family friendly.