At Monese we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it’s for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on…
About the role
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to join our new Growth team on a permanent basis in our London office. You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dreaming about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend. We are looking for someone who values a clean neat code, with exceptional attention to detail but also able to see the bigger picture and never scared to ask questions.
You are going to:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have excellent Java skills
- Are experienced in Agile development practices
- Understand relational databases
- Can communicate well in English
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- Are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
What we consider as a plus:
- Have previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components / utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
- Stock options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately so be quick to apply!All candidates must be eligible to work in UK