We are looking for a Back End software engineer to develop and optimize robust and secure applications used by millions of users, and participate in the analysis and architectural design of mission-critical software.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications in Tomcat server.
- In-depth knowledge of Java-related tools: Eclipse, maven and git.
- Experience working with open source tools, libraries and products
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate Framework
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB (or similar).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- 3-4 years experience in software engineering.
- University degree, in Computer Sciences or related field.
Extra points for
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash,...)
- System Administration skills at any level.
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, curl or similar.
- Enjoys working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Great analytical skills, with an enquiring and structured mind.
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident.
- Highly accountable; disciplined and persistent to get things done.
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Clear, concise communicator.
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
- International working environment;
- Creative and results focused team;
- Great office in Barcelona center.
- Free fruit and coffee at the office.
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership (DIR & G4L)
- Free language classes
- Flexible compensation plan
- Flexible working hours (depending on project).
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.