is a young high-growth technology business fundamentally transforming
the way brick and mortar retailers engage with their customers.
Headquartered in Berlin, with additional offices in New York and London,
we provide global retailers with innovative SaaS solutions on a mission
to enhance the consumers’ shopping experience and give brick and mortar
retailers an edge over their online competitors in an increasingly
digitized world. Our dynamic and ambitious team combines expertise from
top players in retail, VCs, internet and tech startups. You will enjoy
having high impact in a company with tremendous growth potential, giving
you unparalleled opportunities for growing personally and
About the job
From a technology perspective, we have thousands of devices with our own firmware installed in our customers’ retail stores around the world and an advanced server infrastructure to manage these devices and to process the terabytes of data that they are producing via machine learning algorithms. We offer a great opportunity for personal and professional growth in a multicultural environment. We work, learn and develop while having lots of fun on the way.
Join our team as a Backend Developer.
What we do all day:
Our main data processing architecture is designed to scale horizontally and with no single point of failure. We are processing multiple gigabytes of data per hour using different machine learning algorithms. We constantly experiment and try out new things, therefore we are looking for creative developers who are a source of ideas, who like to build new prototypes as well as viable products.
- Proficient with at least one programming language
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain data-driven insights clearly
- Striving for simple solutions to complex problems
- A degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, or similar field or equivalent experience
- Experience with big datasets in relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with Python, Go
Why there are just a few required skills
We believe that being a good developer is not so much a question of skills, but more a question of mindset. If you are passionate like us, you love to learn, work and share knowledge with your team, you will be a good fit.
How do we work?
- To be innovative and fast we organize our work using scrum and 1-week sprints.
- To be as efficient as possible, we reduce the time spent in meetings to the minimum.
- To make sure that all works the way we want it, we test all our code.
- To enhance our work, we do pair programming and code review sessions.
Where do we work?
We have a new office in the heart of Berlin (near Checkpoint Charlie). It is a large and cozy open space with many perks in regards work ergonomics. We also have a fully equipped kitchen for with a bit table for team lunches. As we enjoy spending time with each other, we also have a couch with a big TV and a Wii U for the occasional Mario Kart race.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!