FilledThis offer is not available anymore
At Unmortgage we enable everyone to live in the home they want. We are opening up home ownership by co-investing with people who haven't been able to buy yet.
Over the next 18 months we will help 2,000 customers find their dream home. We are looking for a Backend Developer to join the Unmortgage Dev Team.
This isn't going to be a boring job. Buying a home is one of the most life-changing things people ever do. At Unmortgage, we walk this journey with our customers, guiding them through every step. Reporting to Oisin Mulvihill (LinkedIn), you will be building backend systems that help facilitate the entire home buying experience, optimising and speeding up the process to make it a truly incredible experience for our customers.
Fairness is our core value and drives everything we do. It allows us to balance the home owning aspirations of our customers with our investors' needs for financial security. It also governs how we treat each other.
Come build the future of home ownership with us
Who you are
- You’ll have worked within an agile dev team before.
- You’ll have a pragmatic approach and enjoy being a valued team player.
- You’ll be inquisitive. Keen to build out great user experiences.
- You’ll innovate. Bringing new concepts and technologies to the table.
- You’ll be open to feedback. And also give it.
- You’ll enjoy learning from others. Being a mentor yourself.
The skills you’ll have
- You’ll code in Python. Preferably in a web setting.
- Test first mentality.
- RESTful API design.
Education is not super important to us. We’re looking for great candidates with front line experience of web applications running at scale.
What you'll do
- Designing, building and maintaining the platform services and infrastructure. Through the use of Microservice architecture.
- Integrating with external services e.g. payment providers.
- Aiding the collection and cleaning of data for our data team.
- Building internal admin/reporting tools/notifications.
- Working with Docker containers and releasing them to Kuberenetes.
How we work today
- We hold a daily team stand up every day 10am. There’s usually coffee.
- We work in two week sprints from Tuesday to Tuesday. Using the Agile XP story planning game.
- We hold regular demo day sessions on Tuesday afternoons. We enjoy showcasing our work.
- We hold retrospectives at the end of each sprint. We air out how we did and the things we could improve on.
What we offer you
- Salary of £45 - 65k
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also free.
- Training budget to help you grow
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Unlimited holidays. Within reason of course.
Our interview process is designed to be quick and respectful. We're looking for people who are good at what they do and would fit us culturally. So we:
- have a quick call
- ask you to complete a short technical test
- invite you in to meet the people you’ll be working with and go through the technical test
- spend some time with the wider team, after which we’ll make you an offer
End-to-end the process takes 2-7 working days, depending on your availability.
Unmortgage company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.