Stream is looking for an exceptionally skilled and experienced backend developer to work on Stream's core API technology. You are comfortable building programs with both Python and Go. You will work on making our API service faster, more scalable, improve our analytics service and help our data science team with personalization. Part of your job will be rewriting part of our existing stack to perform orders of magnitude faster.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
- Experience building complex high performance software
- You are fluent with Python and Go
- Comfortable with Django / Celery stack
- In-depth experience with SQL database (Postgresql / Mysql)
- Memcached / Redis
- Dedication to test driven development
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Machine learning and data analysis experience (preferably in Python)
- Experience with Erlang / Elixir / Akka
- Experience working on open source projects
Our Amsterdam office is located in the TQ tech space in the heart of the city. It's a fantastic building with all the amenities you'd expect. There's a cafe upstairs, a shared lunch area and a sports room with table tennis and badminton.
Stream is a small, talented group of people who are passionate about innovating on an incredible product. We care about each aspect of product development, whether it’s design, data-science, development or the monitoring on our servers.
- Our offices are located in the centers of Boulder and Amsterdam.
- We offer stock options in addition to a competitive salary
- Everyone on the team has a say in operations, from office locations to the employee benefits package.
- We are starting an exchange program where employees spend a week in the sister office to get to know the whole team face-to-face.
- The team is highly technical and collaborative; which makes Stream a great place to learn and further your skills.
- You'll get to work on a hard problem that impacts millions of users with a team of experienced developers and designers, who value your work and expertise.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box
and having a strong understanding of the underlying technology.
- You want to work at the core of technology that powers the feed for over 50 million end users.
- You understand that working at a startup is demanding; however, you like that you won't need to deal with layers of management to get things done.
- You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
Stream's technology already reaches millions of users, with your help we’d like to add a few zeroes to that number!