Who would we like to meet?
Someone who has enough JVM-based experience but is either bored of Java's banana-monkey-jungle or already on the train of functional coding using Scala. Someone with experience on cloud services such as AWS. Someone who has heard about the actor model or CSP and thinks that Akka could be fun (and useful) to use. What about Play Framework? Someone that knows his way in persistence systems: relational databases knowledge is a basic, but what about columnar ones such as RedShift? And what about messaging patterns? Can we discuss about SQS or is Kafka not such a behemoth?
Skills are important. But attitude, intelligence and eagerness to learn are in our top 3 most-preferred features.
Skills and Experience
What we search for:
- At least 5 years of experience with JVM-based technologies: Java 8 is our current target but we are moving towards Scala. We make extensive use of Akka and Play Framework is becoming part of our stack
- Relational databases knowledge
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Application security knowledge
- How to write well-designed and re-usable code and understanding of principles behind SOLID. Clean Code is part of your literature
- Exposure to the Agile development process
- Well-spoken and written English
Extra points if you have:
- Experience in architecture and design patterns (Enterprise Integration patterns? SOA? Microservices? DDD? N-tier systems?). What have you worked on and what would you choose?
- Non-relational persistence systems experience such as document and columnar-based. Think RedShift or Cassandra
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience. You have worked with Jenkins or similar tools. Unit, functional and integration testing are not alien to you
- Distributed messaging systems experience, specially SQS and Kinesis
Why working for us?
We offer you a platform to grow as a professional. Both in soft and hard skills. We are bringing SnipperWall to far superior levels and there is lots to do, to learn and to execute. You will participate of the growth of the product. And your voice will be actually heard. We aren't fans of top-down decision-making; by committee defines us better.
The team is composed of really nice and different personalities. You will have flexibility, but expectations are set, and commitment is key. And no, working late-nights is not the norm. You will have stressful moments, but we assume you are able to handle that.
Oh, about the fancy stuff. You will be working in Barcelona, next to el Born. Our headquarters are based in central Amsterdam. And we own a boat parked in front of the office. So every time you come please ask to use it. It's actually too cool to leave it parked.
If you feel you got a match, please send us a line. We would love to hear more from you - and explain more from us.