What you will do
As one of the fastest growing Online companies in Europe, we offer a unique opportunity for you, as a Back-End developer. We are rapidly expanding our Development team to facilitate the tremendous growth of the company. The team has to collaborate on solving some complex development tasks that result from our continually increasing numbers of sellers and buyers (14 million monthly visitors and rising!). We’ve already implemented localisations for various European countries and will be expanding even further, outside of Europe, in the near future.
That is why we need your help; we want to expand our team by introducing even more expert knowledge. You will work on challenges around scale, microservice architecture and implementing new features in Product focused innovation teams in which Front-End developers, Back-End developers, a Designer, a Data Scientist, and a Product Owner all work closely together. We are driven by A/B-testing and automated testing, which allows us to do multiple releases per day on our high-traffic website.
Who you are
A Back-End Developer who speaks excellent English. You have
- Significant experience in building complex web applications, ideally using RoR.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Worked on high-traffic websites (preferred)
- Experience with A/B-testing and conversion optimisation (preferred)
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech
company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic
& international organisation. In addition we will make sure you
have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands.
Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, informal reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.