Devaway is a SW company in the province of Alicante, Spain. We're 20 software engineers and designers with years of experience working for world-class software companies, mostly based in the California area.
We specialize in working with entrepreneurs to turn concepts into working software as quickly as possible. If you join our team, you'll be working with fast-moving startups from all over the globe, including Silicon Valley, London, and Australia.
Love what you do, share what you know & enjoy with the team.
It is really important to us the quality of our work, but at the same time, have fun. We love to laugh, enjoy and help the team.
We are professionals that love what we do, but we want to enjoy life with our families, friends and hobbies at the same time. We understand that having time to conciliate your personal and professional life empower our work and team.
The challenge 🏆
We are looking for a SW Engineer Back End who is passionate about their craft to join our engineering and product teams. You will solve challenging technical problems for our clients across the globe. You will contribute to Devaway engineering’s culture of technical excellence and will receive our mentorship. This is a great opportunity to join an amazing team working on international projects.
What is it like to work at Devaway?👩🏻💻
As we said, our goals are to deliver the maximum excellence projects having a good environment for the team. To accomplish that, we like to work with:
- Agile methodologies
- Incremental delivery
- CI/CD development flow (devops team mindset)
- Testing friendly
- Product first mindset
- Team working
- Remotely friendly
- Design and work with individual career plans
What do we need from you? 🤔
- Develop new user facing features
- Solve medium-high complexity tickets autonomously
- Identifying common problems and applying design patterns when coding the solution.
- Write reusable code, components and libraries
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
- Apply agile development
- Analyze problems and propose solutions.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
What do we ask?🤷♀️
- From 2 to 6 years of experience developing
- Experience developing web applications with Node.js and GraphQL.
- Have worked with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Using, designing and building REST or other web APIs
- Experience using Git and testing
- Knowledge deploying web applications: Vercel, Netlify, AWS, GCloud, Heroku...
- Knowledge working in local environments (docker, kubernetes…)
- Experience in code versioning tools.
- Good level of English, spoken and written.
What do we really like?😍
- Team players, we avoid rock stars and cowboys
- Empower each team member
- Be curious about new technologies, methodologies and ways to grow.
- Never stop learning
- Motivated and fun people
- Share our knowledge
- Flexible and willing to take on new opportunities
How will be your first days in Devaway? 📅
First month: For the first few weeks we will make sure you know your impact on the team and the business, learning about the team, the business, and processes. You will focus on understanding the product and the code, a key success factor. Do not be afraid of the onboarding, we will do it bit by bit and according to your needs
First Quarter: Little by little, you will begin to have one-on-one with Managers and HR, who will take care of your professional and personal development. You will be integrated on a Team knowing the biz goals and adding value to the product. Also, you will understand the development flow and agile techniques applied to the product and team. If you have ideas to improve it, go ahead, share and test it!!!
To the moon: Devaway will challenge you to grow your impact on the company and as a professional. We will work to help you enjoy yourself at work, and will expect you to train and share your knowledge with others.
Now, you are able to lead a team, mastering tech, or whatever goal you have in mind, and you can use your superpower to create new products around the world. 🚀
What do we offer? 🎁
⏰Flexible work schedule
🏡Remote working 100% or open office🏢 (you choose)
🥐Food & drinks at the office☕
What are the steps in the hiring process? 🗺
If you have come this far, we are glad that you were interested in knowing us, and you are one step away from knowing us even more.
Apply for the job offer, and the HR Team will take a look at your CV. If your profile fits on Devaway, we will have a call to know you better, and we will tell you more about us and the job.
Our hiring process is focused on you, we want to know you and we want to give you information about us, so you can make sure if you could fit with the team, the values, the projects and the role. To do that, normally, we have 3 interviews and a technical test. The interviews will be; one with HR, one with a technical workmate and one with a manager. Feel free to ask them any question.
If everything goes well, the process will end with an offer letter, where we will talk about salaries, perks and incorporation dates.
Let us give you an advice; be yourself, is who we want to know. 🦸♀️🦸♂️