Wallbox is a global start-up from Barcelona, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We create smart charging systems that combine cutting-edge technology with outstanding design, managing the communication between car and charger via easy-to-use Apps.
Wallbox operates in over 30 countries around the globe and has offices in Barcelona, Germany, Great Britain, France, The Netherlands, Italy, China, and the US. More than 200 dedicated experts of over 15 different nationalities work together on creating the most innovative products and the best experience for our customers.
We are powered by a culture of trust and innovation, something we have to earn every day by living up to our corporate values.
Are you ready to grow with us?
● We are committed to those decisions we make and responsible for the actions we take until we achieve the goal.
● We strive to exceed expectations. Our actions are quick and concrete. We focus on offering, day by day, our maximum potential.
● Our technology, our processes, and our products are designed to make things simple, focus on the user and demonstrate that design is not a luxury.
● Empathy, humanity, and courage are important to us. We are genuinely motivated by what we do and our impact on the environment and the world of sustainable mobility.
● We cultivate resilience to the challenges we try to solve, we practice self-leadership to remain excellent in any situation, we always pursue continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to help our company deliver value to our customers just in time and with excellent code quality. We offer you to participate in great, challenging and interesting projects. You will establish ways to complete your tasks with great quality, creating communication channels inside the team and other teams, creating estimations, proper resource and time management. Participation in defining the process of milestones for a new project. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills, problem-solving skills, and a passion for applying their expertise in the best way.
● Write efficient, reusable and self-documented code.
● Testing is in your mindset at any time (Units, acceptance...).
● Maintain the current platform so that the customer experience is seamless.
● Collaborate with other developers in team brainstorming, decision-making and architectural structures.
● Provide all necessary tasks completing which correlated not only to code writing but important for project configuration/setup/debug/devops...
● Deployment code to the live (customer) environment.
● Preparation of estimations of development efforts.
● Profiling project after being launched, taking care of telemetry and logging.
● Minimum of 3-5 years Node.js (TypeScript) development experience.
● Proficiency in asynchronous systems (event-driven).
● Go is a plus.
● Voice assistant development (Alexa, google home...) is a plus.
● Experience with cache systems and other NoSQL (Redis preferred)
● Firm grasp of Git-based source control
● Understanding of DDD/SOLID structure and development patterns
● Testing ambassador.
● Competent with SQL database concepts (MySQL preferred).
● Comfort working with Linux-based systems and docker.
● AWS knowledge
● Strong collaboration skills.
● Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
● Ability to "think outside the box" while identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
● Adaptable and eager to learn.
● English is a must.
● 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after six months.
● Attractive compensation package.
● Flexible working hours and possibility to work 100% remotely
● Friday afternoons off.
● Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
● Unlimited coffee & beverages.
● Language classes (English & Spanish).
● Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened.
● Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
● Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price.
● Brand new offices in Zona Franca.
● Over 20 different nationalities.
● No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
Please upload your CV in English :)
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain