More than 20 years ago, zooplus was one of the first to bring the pet category into the world of eCommerce. Today, we stand strong as Europe’s leading online pet platform, delivering moments of happiness to more than 9 million pet parents each year.
Hi! We are looking for people to help us to deliver good quality products for our customers and colleagues (internal users). Our goal is to increase the engagement of our customers with Zooplus and to do it we have in place these four teams in which ones you may fit:
- Autoshipment: We created this product to allow our customers to have recurrent orders at home with the minimum effort from their side, increasing loyalty and satisfaction. We are the owners of a legacy app in PHP and currently we are redoing it in Kotlin + React. First deployment of the awesome new app is already in Sweden. We like to work sometimes in pairs, trying to expand our expertise area sharing front & back and learning together new skills.
- Rewards: Once we made a purchase in our shop, we would like to reward you with some bonus points or stamps for future orders. We make this happen with several applications currently in Scala but moving them to Kotlin + React. We have a quite intense usage of database and a big amount of transactions.
- Discounts: It is great to have a permanent discount in the shops you usually buy. We provide that discounts for one or three years to save a lot of money. Our apps are built in Java but also planning to move to Kotlin + React in this new phase getting the chance of new developments.
- Coupons: Discounts, free shipping, extra points... whatever you need we can make it! We support all the company coupon strategy. Recently we delivered "My Coupons Page" and now we will rearrange all of our data for future faster developments. We work with Kotlin + React in the new developments and also we have some legacy parts in Java.
I can tell you some of the main things that make me feel good and would be interesting for you:
- Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe on it and the organization is already aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and with other teams. Of course, there is no strict dress code here.
- We are used to do pair programming, learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to developing new features, maintaining team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
- Kotlin, Java 8+
- React, Angular, Vue.js
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redis
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana, Sensu
- Mesos, Marathon → Kubernetes, Docker
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Pull Request, Peer Reviewing
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience using for example Java 8+ or Kotlin
- Willing to use clean code principles
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Knowledge in microservices and event-driven architectures
- Experience with relational databases
- English at working language level
- You are interested in DevOps philosophy of "you build it, you run it"
With more than 1,000 passionate professionals located across 10 European offices, we believe our success comes from working together and leveraging our international strengths. Expect to work in a hybrid environment, collaborating with colleagues in different locations remotely or face-to-face at the office.
🐾 20% discount in our zooplus shop
📖 Internal and external training
🎈 Team events
✈️ 28 Annual Vacation Days
🩺 Private Medical Health Insurance
⏰ Hybrid working model (up to 60% remote)
Want to know more? Learn more about who we are and what we do and visit our LinkedIn company profile.
zooplus is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.