Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,100 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Liferay is looking for Backend Engineers to join its international Application Security Team. The team focuses on delivering “standard” driven features for authentication, authorization, accounting (auditing), etc. in a mature platform for on premises and Cloud based environments also just like for SaaS services. No need to say, with full of challenges in an innovative, agile team.
The candidates will expand our remote team where we also have teammates who are working from our offices in Hungary, Budapest and Madrid, Spain.
- Designing, implementing, testing and documenting new security features and frameworks for the Liferay Platform that are used by thousands of developers and end users around the world.
- Implementing security "standards" and specifications to facilitate secure and useful ways the Liferay platform can be integrated with arbitrary 3rd party systems.
- Improving security measures of Liferay DXP platform and implementing new protections against emerging security threats.
- Writing high quality and maintainable code. Keeping technical debt under control.
- Participating in peer review processes, growing along with your teammates. Suggest improvements and be humble enough to allow other suggestions. Everyone learns from everyone, no matter how brilliant you are.
- Communicating and collaborating with multinational teams including but not limited to Product Engineering, QA, Release Engineering, Product Management, DevSecOps and Information Security to implement and deliver the shared vision.
- Working in a long-term software product. Building strong foundations, delivering the minimum viable solution and iterating to achieve the best possible solutions for multiple business domains.
- Working on a platform that
- runs in Cloud also as a Software as a Service (SaaS),
- is evolving to support Headless and B2B services and
- works as a standalone product that can integrate several systems and the date behind them for enterprises.
- Working in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Being a vocational Java programmer, a coder, an engineer and you’re proud of that.
- Being a self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
- Being a good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
- Excellent attention to detail. Seriously, more than that.
- Experience with software engineering best practices like version control, unit testing, etc.
- Being proficient with Git (or any other DVCS) and related branching patterns: git-flow, pull-requests, rebases, etc.
- Being fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken.
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent real hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment.
- Knowledgeable of web technologies with respect to Java.
- Passionate in security topics.
- Understanding and sharing the values of agile development. No matter what fancy tools or words you know, agile is about core values.
- Experience with Java Servlets, OSGi, gradle.
- Knowledge of OWASP methodology and web security concepts.
- Flexibility to adjust work hours to time-zone limitations of your teammates.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a remote team. We have full remote team members, with the possibility of working from the office in Hungary, Budapest or Madrid, Spain.
Generally speaking, we offers the followings out-of-the-box:
- We are working in a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technologies and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered.
- Employee development is part of our DNA. We place the highest priority on the development and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance and clear opportunities to grow and succeed.
- We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles.
- We give opportunities of participation in internal and external courses, a technical library, participation in national and international conferences, language lessons, etc.
- We enable an environment to allow you to perform your best to deliver a continuously improving service to our customers.
- We are self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
- We have a remote-friendly and international, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people.
- We are a leading open source company with an amazing community.
- We have Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.